Pet Grooming & Boarding in Rochester
We’ll Take Great Care of Your Pets
At South Towne Veterinary Hospital, we are happy to offer pet parents in Rochester grooming and boarding services. Our groomer, Jacquie, has been in the animal field for many years. Starting with grooming, dog showing, obedience, animal rescue, and rehabilitation in the beginning years and evolving to just grooming over the past 10 years. Each dog is given her undivided attention and affection. It is important to her that every dog is groomed on an individual basis and that each dog’s needs are met or specific problems (behavioral, medical, etc.) are addressed with the owners or the doctors.
Some important information about our grooming services:
- Appointments are available five days a week
- Larger dogs require more time, so fewer appointments are available on those days
- All products used are safe and gentle or previously prescribed by the veterinarians
- For dogs and cats that require grooming with sedation, appointments are scheduled with the doctors and the groomer
- Cat grooming is also available, however, due to the nature of stress levels in cats we generally do not bathe them unless it’s necessary or required (because of fleas or serious skin issues).
To request grooming or boarding services in Rochester, give us a call at (585) 312-0039.
Boarding at South Towne Veterinary Hospital
Here at the South Towne Veterinary Hospital, your pet is part of our family. Your pet will receive close supervision by our trained staff and we will monitor your pet’s attitude, appetite, urination, and bowel movements. If we notice any trouble, we will contact you right away and pursue treatment. We can give medications or treatments, as needed, by our staff under veterinary supervision.
Your canine friend is walked three to four times daily to allow normal elimination and exercise. This will help reduce accidents when you return home. We do have runs available for larger dogs (limited availability – please reserve early).
Your feline companion can be boarded in our cat ward, which is a private room just for kitties. Your cat will have a cage with different levels to perch on to make his or her stay feel a little more like home.
We also have a separate ward for boarding pocket pets.
- All dogs must have current immunizations against rabies, distemper and parvo virus. We also recommend the bordetella immunization.
- All cats must have current immunizations against rabies, feline distemper, rhinotracheitis, and calici virus.
- All animals must have had a fecal examination for internal parasites within the last 12 months.
- All animals must be free of external parasites (fleas and ticks) when admitted for boarding, or must be treated upon admission.
- A cleansing bath is optional on the day of dismissal. All major grooming is referred to our professional groomer.
- All clients are required to read and sign the boarding admittance form.
- All animals will be admitted and discharged ONLY during regular office hours.
- Any animal that requires emergency or immediate veterinary attention will receive it at our discretion and at the owner’s expense.
- An emergency telephone number will be required when an animal is left with the clinic.
- Animals requiring medication or treatment (such as wound or diabetic treatment) will be charged the appropriate fees. Heartworm preventative medication should be administered for the month before or after the boarding time. There is no danger in giving this medication early.
- Please inform us if you are not happy with the way your pet is cared for. Your satisfaction and your pet’s well-being are our primary concern.
- Be aware that your pet’s diet may have varied while away from home. They may have barked at other animals, or the temperature and humidity may have been slightly different from your home. This can create problems such as sore throats, tonsillitis, or diarrhea.
- We seek to prevent such problems, but you must understand that these problems do develop due to change in environment and stress. Owners will be charged appropriate fees for all treatment and medication needed for reasons that are not directly under our control.
- We encourage you to bring a bed with smells from home, your pet’s diet to prevent diarrhea, and a few favorite toys. Toys will be given under supervision at our discretion. We have cage bedding here as well.
- We encourage you to bring along your pet’s regular diet to help avoid diarrhea. We have a hospital bland diet that we can feed if you forget or choose not to bring some from home.
- We will provide food and water dishes.
Have some questions about our pet boarding services in Rochester? Reach out to us today!
“He truly cares about the animals and their owners.”- Elise W.
“He has real bedside manner when it come to all animals.”- Pat C.
“I really couldn’t be more impressed. So grateful to have such an incredible Veterinary Office in the Rochester area!”- Alyssa J.